But there is one more step in preparation for your new puppy that you need to think about and it is vitally important if you wish to have that special lifelong bond with your dog, and that is Training!
You see, any puppy, even purebreds, can become naughty without it! It is the one step that people leave out of their thinking when preparing to bring their puppy home and it’s the easiest thing in the world to do when you know how and when you start early enough.
So let’s talk about training…
At what age should you start your training?
- You should start your training at 8 weeks of age or as soon as you bring your puppy home. (If you wish to avoid the typical “naughty puppy problems” everyone seems to speak about)
Why should you train your puppy so young?
- Because a puppy has an adult brain at 7 weeks of age and a fully developed adult brain by 16 weeks and is fully capable of learning anything at this age. (It is only their experiences and bodies that are babies, not their brains!)
- Whatever you teach your puppy to do in this age group will remain with them for life – the good and the bad! (So teach them the good right from the start)
- This is their most trainable age, so utilise this time to start your training. There is no other time in your dogs life that is as easy to train as this very first stage.
What can you teach a puppy at 8 to 16 weeks of age?
- You can teach them “Toilet training, come, sit, walk on a lead,” all in the first week. (When you know how, it’s as easy as 1, 2, 3)
- Drop and lay down, sit and stay (so you can put the food bowl down on the ground and the pup will wait until you give the command to eat)
- Stop whining at night, go outside, stop jumping up on the screen door!
- You can teach your puppy to stop biting you and the kids by using effective corrections.
- You can teach them anything you like!
It sounds exciting doesn’t it!
To have a puppy that does what you want at such an early age without raising your voice and the best part is, you don’t have to go through all the typical “puppy problems” that other people do that haven’t trained their pup.
So How Do You Get This Training?
Lucidum has partnered with Success Puppy Training and is now able to provide their puppy training course as either a DVD set or digital format. It comes in 2 formats: DVD or Digital
A 2-Disc DVD Set
Just click here and it will take you through to the purchase page of “Train Your Puppy In Just 3 Days.” Click on the “Add to Cart” button and fill in your details.
To receive your $60 discount type in the coupon code: sptpuppy.
The training will be mailed to your door within 3 to 4 business days and you are ready to start the rest of your life with your gorgeous new little puppy.
Online Training Course
Or you can purchase the digital version. It is the same training – however you step through the training via the Success Puppy Training website, instead of watchign on DVD. Click here and it will take you through to the purchase page of “Train Your Puppy In Just 3 Days Online Course”. Click on the “Add to Cart” button and fill in your details.
To receive your $60 discount type in the coupon code: sptpuppy
You will then set up your login details and go to Success Puppy Training’s website to start your training.